- "Onion", "we", "our" or "us" means the entity Onion Corporation.
- "Services" means any and all services and hosted software applications provided by Onion, including but not limited to, the Onion API, Onion’s community websites, Onion’s corporate website and any other software services offered by Onion.
- "You" means yourself and any entities you represent.
- "Products" means both the physical products produced and sold by Onion, including, for example, the Onion Omega2 modules, all Expansions and accessories, and any kits such as the Omega Starter Kit; and the firmware, provided by Onion, that is programmed onto certain of these physical products.
- "Third Party Products" – includes but is not limited to applications, websites, APIs, software, or hardware that interacts with, uses or connects to any Onion Products or Services.
- "Website(s)" means any web domains owned, operated, branded or co-branded by Onion Corporation. Websites include Onion’s community and documentation websites.
How Onion Collects Data
- Onion collects certain data from visitors/users to Onion Websites/Services in order to continuously improve and enhance our customer’s experiences. This data is collected via the following methods:
- Onion, like many other websites, will store session information (often called "Cookies") in your browser that will help Onion to identify information such as browsing activity, IP addresses and page view order. You do have the option to not use these Cookies; the majority of browsers will have a "help" tool that will help you to prevent Cookies if you want to, but Onion recommends you keep Cookies active as it will provide a better user experience on Onion’s Websites.
- When You visit Onion Websites, Onion web servers automatically log typical website analytic data from visitors to our site. This data, which may include details such as browser type, IP addresses, site visit length and referral URL, is used for systems administration, detecting use patterns and generally improving customer experience.
- Onion sees and logs non-personally identifiable data when You use Onion Services. Onion logs this data in our system and stores it on Third-Party servers. The only identifiable information this data is connected to will be the account details You supplied when creating Your account.
- Onion makes use of Google Analytics to gather, collect, and analyze information about the behavior of visitors to Onion's website(s). Collect data is anonymized and includes, but is not limited to, referrer data, access logs of website subpages, and how often or for how long a subpage was viewed. Google Analytics is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA. More information about how Google uses data and their policies can be found at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
- Information You provide
- When You create an account with Onion, You provide us with data that includes an email address and password. Onion may also give you the option to voluntarily share other data with us that is connected to your account. If any of these details change, You may update your account at any time and modify, correct or delete your account details.
- You may choose to contribute and interact on Onion Websites including the forum Website. You will have the opportunity to choose what information (other than Your user name which is not optional) you would like to make public. You may choose whether to display or give out your contact details and other personally identifiable information on the Websites.
- When You actively provide information on Onion Websites, for example when You post, message or interact on the Community Forum Site, Onion may retain that data for You for later use. This data is stored on secure third party servers.
- You may actively provide payment details when purchasing Products from Onion. Onion uses a third-party secure e-commerce site with a Level 1 PCI compliant payment system, for direct online sales. No employees of Onion have access to the credit card details associated with these purchases.
- Information provided by third parties
- At times Onion may collect information from Third-Parties that use our Services or Products. They may provide us with Personal or Anonymous Data that we will use to continue to improve our Services and Products.
Opting out of Data Collection
- Storage of cookies can be prevented by settings in your browser software. Note that you may not be able to use this website and all of its features to the fullest extent without cookies enabled.
- To opt out of and prevent collection of data generated by cookies in relation to your use of the website by Google for the Google Analytics tool, you can install their opt-out plugin. Learn more at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
How is data used by Onion?
- Email addresses and any other information supplied by You may also be used by Onion to respond to emails, phone calls and requests.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing, enhancing, analyzing and improving our Services; managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Onion may collect and create anonymous data by excluding personally identifiable information. Onion reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties at its sole discretion.
How is data kept secure?
- Onion uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption on the APIs (Application Programming Interface) and Websites operated by Onion.
- Onion uses SSL encryption to communicate with devices that support it, such as the Omega, and uses RSA and AES encryption to communicate with devices that do not support SSL.
- Data collected by Onion via its Websites and Services is stored on secure third-party servers.
When is data shared?
- Onion may at some point have a third-party process or analyze some of the data we have collected.
- When appropriate, Onion may share data with entities and persons who are actively doing business with Onion and have entered into a contract with Onion Corporation (such as companies that have created "Powered by Onion" products). A company of this sort will have access to the data generated by individuals who are users of the product created and sold by said company.
- Onion may share aggregated or anonymous data publicly or as described above in section 3.3
- Onion will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Onion if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Onion, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Onion will not intentionally gather information from children under the age of 13.
- The section headers in this agreement are for structure only.